Dashcams have revolutionised the way we document and protect ourselves on the road.
While having a front-facing dashcam is beneficial, combining it with a rear-facing dashcam provides an extra layer of security and peace of mind.
In this blog post, we will explore the numerous advantages of having both front and rear dashcams installed in your vehicle.
1. Comprehensive Incident Documentation: By having both front and rear dashcams, you create a complete record of events happening around your vehicle. While the front camera captures the road ahead, the rear camera captures what's happening behind you. This dual perspective ensures that crucial details are captured, such as accidents, near misses, or instances of reckless driving from other motorists. Having comprehensive incident documentation can be invaluable when it comes to insurance claims or legal matters.
2. Enhanced Safety and Security: Rear-facing dashcams act as an extra set of eyes on the road, providing added safety and security. They can capture rear-end collisions, parking lot incidents, or instances of vandalism when your vehicle is parked. This footage can serve as evidence to hold responsible parties accountable and act as a deterrent against potential criminal activities.
3. Protection Against Rear-End Collisions: Rear-end collisions are a common occurrence on the roads. A rear-facing dashcam acts as a crucial tool in establishing fault in such incidents. It can capture the actions of the vehicle behind you, providing concrete evidence of their negligence or reckless driving. This evidence can support your insurance claim and protect you from unwarranted liability.
4. Parking Protection: Parking lots can be hotspots for accidents and malicious activities. A rear dashcam continues to record even when your vehicle is parked, offering protection against hit-and-run incidents, theft, or vandalism. With this added layer of security, you can rest assured that any untoward incidents will be captured and can help authorities in identifying culprits.
5. Improved Driving Behavior: Knowing that both the front and rear of your vehicle are being recorded can significantly influence your driving behavior. It encourages you to be more attentive, follow traffic rules diligently, and maintain proper distance from other vehicles. This heightened sense of accountability promotes safer driving habits, reducing the likelihood of accidents or road rage incidents.
6. Peace of Mind: Having front and rear dashcams installed provides peace of mind whenever you're on the road. You know that you have a reliable and objective witness that can accurately capture events and serve as evidence if needed. This assurance allows you to focus on driving without unnecessary worry, knowing that you have an extra layer of protection in case of any unexpected situations.
Investing in both front and rear dashcams is a proactive step towards enhancing your safety and security on the road. The comprehensive incident documentation they provide, protection against rear-end collisions and parking incidents, improved driving behavior, and the peace of mind they offer make them invaluable tools for any vehicle owner.
By capturing events from multiple angles, these dual dashcams ensure that no vital details are missed, providing solid evidence when it matters most. Like in the video below where one of our customers was reversed into at 90 degrees, the rear camera clearly caught the registration plate when the driver chose to quickly leave these scene without exchanging insurance details.
Embrace the power of dual protection and equip your vehicle with front and rear dashcams to experience the numerous benefits they provide.